For best results, choose organic ingredients.
- 1-1/2 cup white beans
- 1-1/2 Adzuki red beans
- 1-1/2 cup red chili beans
- 20 ounces sweet yellow corn
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 large jalapeno peppers, remove seeds and dice
- 3 serrano peppers, remove seeds and dice
- 3 cups water
- 1-1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 medium-sized vine tomatoes, blended
- 2 tablespoons salt
- red onion, diced (quantity to taste)
- Mexican blend cheese, shredded (optional, or try other cheese varieties)
Rinse the beans. Add all ingredients (except red onion and cheese) to crock pot and cook on high for 6 hours*, stirring periodically. Garnish with red onion and cheese (optional).
*optimal time may vary according to individual crock pot performance
Original recipe and photo copyright belong to Shawn Epperson.